Monday, April 19, 2010

Fang Qi’s School Welcoming Day

Today was unbelievable! I was welcomed by the students and three huge banners. The school went the extra mile to make me feel welcome. We began the day with an opening ceremony. The students gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and their red scarf, which is part of their school symbol. They sang their national anthem, saluted to their flag and sang their school song--a daily routine. Following this activity, a teacher and student did an interactive lesson on manners. Today's lesson was on the proper way to eat rice. They try to emphasis character and moral education each morning.
Next, in the reception room, they shared a PowerPoint presentation about their school. Fang Qi’s head of education was present. I shared a PowerPoint presentation about our schools beginning with our national anthem (Lisa has a copy). Included in our presentation is our high school choir singing the Rossford alma mater.
Later, I visited a math class, an English class and a physical education class. I was most interested in their after school activities. The elementary schools begin at 7:30 a.m. and end at 4:30 p.m. Most students go home for lunch, however, some eat in their classrooms.
Later in the day, I met with parents, teachers and students. We had an informal Q&A. The students asked many good questions. Then, I was interviewed by the media, which was televised on the local TV station.
I ended the day with a yoga class with some of the teachers. Anyone with negative perceptions about Eastern food-let me tell you–the food is tremendous!
Thanks for keeping up with me on this awesome learning opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment